Next Generation Temperature Monitoring
Next Generation Temperature Monitoring
A Comprehensive Solution
A user-friendly solution designed for high-volume, last-stage shipments.
MODsense, Modum's first solution, offers temperature monitoring for sensitive shipments. Users can pre-define dedicated requirements for each shipment and automatically evaluate performance and conformity upon readout.
The MODsense web application offers practical deviation management, which includes instant notifications for temperature excursions and other events.
The MODsense T data logger is designed with warehousing and logistics processes in mind.
The entire solution can be seamlessly integrated into existing workflows, track-and-trace systems, and ERP solutions, among others.
- Quick pairing through NFC and quick readout through BLE, without opening the package.
- Instant notifications of excursions & events.
- User-friendly, role-based web application for deviation management.
- Qualified for monitoring medicinal products.
- Supports compliance with regulatory requirements such as GDP.
- Data integrity ensured by blockchain.
- Deep integration into existing processes and tools via SDK's
- Easy integration into existing ERP and blockchain systems, such as SAP.
- Supports track-and-trace and anti-counterfeit applications.
- Featuring sensor hardware security module for unique data authentication.
- Blockchain backend ensures data cannot be manipulated.
- Generate and export audit reports on demand.
How It Works
Step 1: Sending the Shipment
Shipment-specific quality requirements such as temperature alarms and logger parameters are set in advance by a quality manager so that your logistics team can simply pair the data logger with an NFC plate and by scanning the shipment ID. In two simple steps the shipment is secure and ready for dispatch. A smart contract containing the sensor’s private key to ensure data authenticity and the quality requirements has now been created.
Step 2: En Route
While in transit, the modum sensor measures the environmental conditions that the shipment is subject to. Stored locally, this valuable data is secure in the tamper-proof sensor during transit. Because the sensor’s private key generated the smart contract where the data will later be verified, the sensor cannot be substituted or manipulated.
Step 3: Receiving the Shipment
When the package is received, the shipment ID on the parcel can be scanned by the end user or a third-party logistics provider who has the MODsense app integrated into their track-and-trace application to perform a read out of the sensor and immediately send data to the sensor. The sensor uses BLE to connect via the scanning device to a secure back-end, where the data is stored and then verified in the blockchain. The receiver of the shipment does not need to perform the readout, they can simply return the data logger to the sender by mail.
Modum's Web and Pairing Applications
The MODsense web app allows your team to automate monitoring processes using the MODsense T temperature logger. It is an environment to define quality requirements for different types of shipments that offers shipment management and quality assurance tools, providing data exports and audit reports.
The MODsense pairing apps allow for immediate activation of the temperature logger via mobile app, mobile SDK, and NFC. It offers a fast and secure wireless read-out without requiring the shipment to be opened.
The MODsense T Temperature Logger
Modum’s IoT sensing device
The MODsense T temperature logger is an important component of our GDP compliant solution for pharma distribution. It evaluates the temperature data it collects against pre-configured shipment-specific alarm criteria. The logger can be configured wirelessly and offers immutable and tamper-proof recording of data for regulatory compliance and quality checks.
Ready for a Modum Solution?
Connect with us to talk about your needs.
The MODsense Roadmap
We are constantly improving MODsense according to our customer's feedback.
- The Dashboard's functionality is being improved on an ongoing basis to simplify workflows for quality managers and incorporate helpful tools for other users, such as operations managers.
- The logger commissioning experience is under constant refinement to provide flexibility and save time.
- Alongside our partners, we are working towards a deeper integration of MODsense into track-and-trace, ERP, warehouse management, and IT systems to make continuous improvements in commissioning and handling.
- Supporting new blockchain ecosystems in the future will provide more options for managing data and trusted events.
MODsense T is only the beginning.
- Our current sensor platform MODsense TM also supports measuring motion-related events, which are being tested in pilot projects. Stay tuned for more news.
- Plans for future generations include improved specifications, new sensing modalities, such as humidity or light, and real-time communication and localization.