Software Engineer Frontend (80-100%)
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to grow our team. You will be working with the latest technologies in an exciting startup environment, building condition monitoring solutions for our customers in the pharmaceutical industry. You will be part of the MODsense development team responsible for our temperature monitoring solution, which includes closely connected components such as a temperature logger with Bluetooth and NFC connectivity, mobile gateways, mobile and web applications, and smart contracts.
To learn more about MODsense, visit https://modum.io/solutions/modsense
We're looking for someone who
- is comfortable writing maintainable, modern CSS
- is open to learning new technologies if needed
- enjoys collaborating with colleagues from various disciplines
- likes to take on responsibility, can work independently, and cares about code quality
- has very good English skills (German is not required)
- is eligible to work in Switzerland
- Computer Science degree is appreciated, but we value personality and a track record over education
What you will be doing
- working in a team of six developers, a product owner, designer, and a test engineer
- developing new features during development sprints, making sure your code is properly tested and documented
- reviewing pull requests from your colleagues and discuss how issues can be solved better
- helping to define the system architecture
- collaborating with our embedded solutions development team and the sales and operations teams
- refactoring code to ensure it is maintainable
You will mainly be responsible for one of the following components:
- Web Application (VueJS)
- Desktop Application with NFC (Electron)
- Mobile Application (React Native with TypeScript).
Other technologies and tools we are currently using are Git with Bitbucket, CI/CD for automated testing and deployment, JIRA, Slack, Confluence, PostgreSQL, Go, Python, Solidity and Docker. Our code is mostly running on AWS and we use Terraform to manage our infrastructure. As a team we work in sprints, prioritize and define how to implement features together, do code reviews and always try to assist each other.
What it's like to work at Modum
- we're an ambitious company full of great people, with an open, transparent, and inclusive team culture
- we are all based out of our Zurich office, but we have flexible working hours and home office
- we work on interesting, challenging, and diverse projects and tasks where we have lots of autonomy
- we periodically re-asses our tools and processes to make sure we're happy and productive
- we support personal development opportunities, whether it's by giving support with new and challenging projects, or having an education budget
Modum is an innovative startup, combining new technologies such as Blockchain, IoT and AI to provide new solutions for our customers. Our current solutions are targeted at customers in the pharmaceutical sector - helping them to improve their supply chain efficiency, gain better insights and automate their processes. We leverage trusted data from our next generation digital monitoring solution to solve real-world challenges. Modum not only collaborates with global technology partners such as SAP and AWS, but also joins up with business partners such as Swiss Post to ensure that their solutions are fit-for-purpose. We are looking for team players and passionate personalities who bring innovative ideas and enthusiasm to everything they do. If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you!
- You can apply by sending a short cover letter, your CV, and, if available, links to your personal website, portfolio and Github account to email@example.com.
- After collecting the applications and reviewing them, we select applicants to invite for a first interview. This interview focuses on getting to know you, your experiences, strengths, and ambitions. You will also be able to ask us questions about the job position, the team and how we work to see if it's a mutual fit. After this stage we select three people with whom we go forward.
- These three applicants will be invited for a second interview. The second interview consists of two parts: (1) A technical interview and technical challenge. We have several options for the technical challenge and are happy to discuss which suits you best beforehand. (2) A chat with a few members of the team. We value a team fit; we want to make sure that both you and the existing team are happy with the decision and can work productively together.
- After the assessment of the second interview and your positive feedback, we will make some reference calls and if everything goes well, we give you a job offer.
- You sign the contract and join our team :)