Software Engineer (100%)
We are looking for a Software Engineer to grow our team. You will be working with the latest technologies in a fast and exciting startup environment, building condition monitoring solutions for our customers in the pharmaceutical sector. You will not only make sure current solutions run smoothly, but also that our roadmap products become reality. While you will be mainly working in a team consisting of six developers, a product owner and a test engineer, you will also collaborate with the embedded solutions development team, our sales and operations teams as well as our data scientists. You are going to be part of the MODsense development team. MODsense is our temperature monitoring solution consisting of multiple highly connected components such as: a temperature logger with Bluetooth and NFC connectivity, mobile applications for Android and IOS, a web application, smart contracts, gateways, and more!
To learn more about MODsense, visit https://modum.io/solutions/modsense
Although you will be exposed to all the different components, your focus will be one of the applications. You will be working on new features, help define the architecture and make sure our solutions stay maintainable (refactor when necessary).
You will mainly be responsible for one of the following components:
- Desktop Application with NFC (Electron)
- Mobile Application (React Native with Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Frontend Applications (VueJS)
- Backend (Go)
Other technologies and tools we are currently using are Python, Solidity and Docker as well as Git with Bitbucket, CI/CD for automated testing and deployment, JIRA, Slack, Confluence and Postgres. As a team we work in sprints, prioritize and define how to implement features together, do code reviews and always try to assist each other.
What you will be doing:
- Developing new features during development sprints, making sure your code is properly tested and documented
- Reviewing pull requests from your colleagues and discuss how issues can be solved better
- Helping to define the system architecture
- Refactoring code to ensure it is maintainable
What you bring along:
- Experience in designing, working on and maintaining software systems
- The right mindset – you like to take on responsibility, you can work independently, you care about code quality
- Teamwork skills
- Very good English skills (German not required)
- Computer Science background is appreciated, but we value personality and a track record over education
- Eligibility to work in Switzerland
What we can offer:
- Being part of an ambitious, talented team that delivers unique solutions using the latest IoT and blockchain technologies
- Interesting, challenging, and diverse roles with lots of autonomy
- Personal development opportunities which are based on your personal contribution having measurable impact on the organization and its products
- An open, transparent, and inclusive team culture
- A fun work environment
Modum is an innovative startup, combining new technologies such as Blockchain, IoT and AI to provide new solutions for our customers. Our current solutions are targeted at customers in the pharmaceutical sector - helping them to improve their supply chain efficiency, gain better insights and automate their processes. We leverage trusted data from our next generation digital monitoring solution to solve real-world challenges. Modum not only collaborates with global technology partners such as SAP and AWS, but also joins up with business partners such as Swiss Post to ensure that their solutions are fit-for-purpose. We are looking for team players and passionate personalities who bring innovative ideas and enthusiasm to everything they do. If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you!
- You can apply for the job by sending a short cover letter, your CV, and ideally your Github Repo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After collecting the applications and reviewing them, we will decide whether your application meets our criteria. If that is the case, we will invite you for a first interview. This interview focuses on getting to know you, your experiences, strengths, and ambitions. The goal of the first interview is to choose a shortlist of three applicants to go forward with.
- These three applicants will be invited for a second interview. The second interview consists of two parts: (1) A technical interview and technical challenge. We have several options for the technical challenge and are happy to discuss which suits you best beforehand. (2) You will have a chat with a few members of the team. We value a team fit; we want to make sure that both you and the existing team are happy with the decision and can work productively together.
- After the assessment of the second interview and your positive feedback, we will make some reference calls.
- As soon as the decision is made and you have received the job offer, we conclude the process by signing the contract.