Embedded Software Engineer
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to grow our team. You will be working with the latest technologies in an exciting start-up environment, building condition monitoring solutions for our customers in the pharmaceutical sector. You will help making our future products become reality as part of the MODsense development team. MODsense is our transport condition monitoring solution consisting of multiple highly connected components such as a temperature recorder with Bluetooth and NFC connectivity, condition monitoring recorder with real-time connectivity, mobile applications for Android and IOS, a web application, smart contracts, gateways, and more! To learn more about MODsense, visit https://modum.io/solutions/modsense.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has profound experience in developing product-grade, high-quality source code in C/C++ for microcontroller platforms
- Enjoys collaborating with colleagues from various disciplines
- Has thorough experience in bare metal microcontroller programming, experience with real-time operating systems such as mbed or FreeRTOS is a big plus
- Is open to learning new technologies if needed
- Likes to take on responsibility, can work independently, and cares about code quality
- Has very good English skills (German is not required)
- Is eligible to work in Switzerland
- Having a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field is appreciated, but we value personality and a track record over education
What you will be doing:
- You will use your talent and skills to help us improve our current product portfolio and develop the next generation products as part of our Embedded Team.
- You should be eager to work in a start-up environment which is committed to quality and innovation and bring your unique set of talents to an enthusiastic and diverse team.
- Leveraging modern development tools and concepts, you will own the design, testing and maintenance of your software modules, from the first idea until the product is deployed to the market.
- You will collaborate with our embedded solutions development team as well as the sales and operations teams.
What it is like to work at Modum:
- We are an ambitious company full of great people, with an open, transparent, and inclusive team culture
- We are all based out of our Zurich office, but we have flexible working hours and the possibility of home office
- We work on interesting, challenging, and diverse projects and tasks where we have lots of autonomy
- We periodically re-asses our tools and processes to make sure we are happy and productive
- We support personal development opportunities, whether it is by offering support with new and challenging projects, or by having an education budget
Modum is an innovative startup, combining new technologies such as Blockchain, IoT and AI to provide new solutions for our customers. Our current solutions are targeted at customers in the pharmaceutical sector - helping them to improve their supply chain efficiency, gain better insights and automate their processes. We leverage trusted data from our next generation digital monitoring solution to solve real-world challenges. Modum not only collaborates with global technology partners such as SAP and AWS, but also joins up with business partners such as Swiss Post to ensure that their solutions are fit-for-purpose. We are looking for team players and passionate personalities who bring innovative ideas and enthusiasm to everything they do. If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you!
- You can apply by sending a short cover letter, your CV, and, if available, links to your personal website, portfolio and Github account to email@example.com.
- After collecting the applications and reviewing them, we select which applicants to invite for a first interview. This interview focuses on getting to know you, your experiences, strengths, and ambitions. You will also be able to ask us questions about the job position, the team and how we work to see if it is a mutual fit. After this stage we select three people with whom we go forward.
- These three applicants will be invited for a second interview. The second interview consists of two parts: (1) A technical interview and technical challenge. We have several options for the technical challenge and are happy to discuss which suits you best beforehand. (2) A chat with a few members of the team. We value a team fit; we want to make sure that both you and the existing team are happy with the decision and can work productively together.
- After the assessment of the second interview and your positive feedback, we will make some reference calls and if everything goes well, we will offer you the job.
- You sign the contract and join our team :)