Embedded Software Engineer
We are looking for a (Senior) Embedded Software Engineer to grow our team. You will be working with the latest technologies in a fast and exciting start-up environment, building condition monitoring solutions for our customers in the pharmaceutical sector. You will not only make sure current solutions run smoothly, but also that our roadmap products become reality. You are going to be part of the MODsense development team. MODsense is our temperature monitoring solution consisting of multiple highly connected components such as a temperature recorder with Bluetooth and NFC connectivity, condition monitoring recorder with real-time connectivity, mobile applications for Android and IOS, a web application, smart contracts, gateways, and more! To learn more about MODsense, visit our MODsense page.
Although you will be exposed to all the different components, your focus will be on one of our embedded devices. You will be working on new features; help define the architecture and make sure our solutions stay maintainable. Modum looks for excellent teammates and passionate personalities that are both collaborative and detail focused and who bring innovative ideas and attentive care to everything they do.
What you will be doing:
- You will use your talent and skills to help us to improve our current hardware portfolio and develop the next generation products as part of our Embedded Team.
- You should be eager to work in a start-up environment which is committed to quality and innovation and bring your unique set of talents to an enthusiastic and diverse team.
- You will own the design, test and maintenance of your firmware modules, from the first idea until the product is deployed to the market.
- We will depend on you to contribute actively to the development of the hardware and firmware architecture of our upcoming products. You will support the introduction of new embedded products into the market and contribute significantly to their success.
- Using modern development tools and concepts, Modum will enable you to develop code for our embedded platforms efficiently and own the quality and safety of your code.
- You will integrate your work into a continuous-integration framework and support us in maintaining and improving this framework.
What you should bring along
- Experience in developing product-grade code in C/C++ for microcontrollers
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Experience in systems architecture design, prototyping, testing automation, version-control systems and release management
- The right mindset – you like to take on responsibility, you can work independently, you care about code quality and code maintainability
- Teamwork skills
- Very good English skills (German not required)
- More than three years of relevant work experience in embedded development
- Strong analytical skills, eye for details and structured work organization
What we can offer
- Being part of an ambitious, talented team that delivers unique solutions using the latest IoT and blockchain technologies
- Interesting, challenging, and diverse roles with lots of autonomy
- Personal development opportunities which are based on your personal contribution having measurable impact on the organization and its products
- An open, transparent, and inclusive team culture
- A fun work environment
- You can apply for the job by sending a short cover letter, your CV, and ideally your Github Repo to email@example.com.
- After collecting the applications and reviewing them, we will decide whether your application meets our criteria. If that is the case, we will invite you for a first interview. This interview focuses on getting to know you, your experiences, strengths, and ambitions. The goal of the first interview is to choose a shortlist of three applicants to go forward with.
- These three applicants will be invited for a second interview. The second interview consists of two parts: (1) A technical interview and technical challenge. We have several options for the technical challenge and are happy to discuss which suits you best beforehand. (2) You will have a chat with a few members of the team. We value a team fit; we want to make sure that both you and the existing team are happy with the decision and can work productively together.
- After the assessment of the second interview and your positive feedback, we will make some reference calls.
- As soon as the decision is made and you have received the job offer, we conclude the process by signing the contract.
Modum is an innovative startup, combining new technologies such as Blockchain, IoT and AI to provide new solutions for our customers. Our current solutions are targeted at customers in the pharmaceutical sector - helping them to improve their supply chain efficiency, gain better insights and automate their processes. We create trusted data from our next generation digital monitoring solution to solve real-world challenges. Modum not only collaborates with global technology partners such as SAP and AWS, but also joins up with business partners such as Swiss Post to ensure that their solutions are fit-for-purpose. We are looking for team players and passionate personalities who bring innovative ideas and enthusiasm to everything they do. If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you!