Accounting & Controlling Specialist 80%-100%
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and cover letter, each attached in PDF format. Please include the job title in your subject line.
Modum is combining blockchain and IoT technology to make the monitoring of supply chains more efficient and transparent. This year Modum is the winner of the top prize in digital innovation for its first solution MODsense. MODsense leverages IoT technology and blockchain and monitors the temperature of pharmaceutical shipments on a parcel level to help our customers in the pharma industry meet regulatory obligations and internal quality requirements.
modum.io is made up of a talented team located in Technopark, Zurich. that has maintained itself as a fast-paced, dynamic, customer-centric and high-performing group. Together, we work collaboratively towards profitability and long-term growth. We are looking for like-minded people to join us and to take part in our exciting journey.
We are currently looking to grow our team and to include an Accounting & Controlling Specialist. This position reports directly to the executive team of Modum.
You will use your wide set of skills to help us building a strong and resilient finance organization. Your work will be to design and perform analytics for our company and shape our financial department. You should have solid experience in accounting and controlling, feel comfortable leading teams and be willing to work closely with our partners and auditors.
You should be eager to work in a start-up environment which is committed to quality and innovation and bring your unique set of talents to an enthusiastic and diverse team. Modum looks for team players and passionate personalities that are both collaborative and detail focused and who bring innovative ideas and attentive care to everything they do.
- Takes ownership of accounting, budget and forecasting processes to provide insights into business performance and help influence strategic decisions.
- Guides financial analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Design our MIS and maintain a timely and accurate ERP for the company
- Acting as primary contact for our auditors, internal and external stakeholders
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Degree in business administration or similar education
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- 4-6 years practical knowledge in accounting & controlling
- Proven track record in modelling, forecasting and financial management
- Experience with financial accounting & audits
- Good understanding of accounting and reporting tools
- Interested in business operations such as HR or legal compliance
- A team player with a hands-on approach who is ready to make an impact.
Interesting, challenging, and diverse roles with a stimulating learning curve.
Work with a talented and results-oriented team to deliver unique solutions that consider the latest in IoT and blockchain technologies.
Personal development opportunities, while shaping a well-funded company.
In our growing organization, your personal contribution will have measurable impact on the organization and its products.
An open, transparent, and inclusive team culture.
We are a diverse but tight-knit team that gets things done. We are accountable to one another for professional deliverables and to maintain a fun work environment.